This program enables high school juniors and seniors to earn college credit while completing high school at no cost. The intent of the program is to promote rigorous educational pursuits and provide a wider variety of options for students while they earn college credit. Interested students should make an appointment with their counselor to discuss this option.
Counselors hold a parent/student informational meeting in February regarding an overview of the PSEO options. Following this meeting, if the student plans to pursue PSEO a small meeting consisting of a counselor, parent and student will be required. These meetings will take place March 1st and after.
- Juniors- Must be in the top 33% of their class
- Seniors- Must by in the top 50% of their class
How to Apply
- All STMA students must have a meeting with their Guidance Counselor before signing up for PSEO
- Students must have parental consent
- Complete the application for the college you wish to attend
- Complete the 3-part form in order to have your credits paid for by the district (these forms my be obtained through your guidance counselor)
Things to Consider
- PSEO participants may enroll in just one class or full time, depending on their personal goals
- Make sure you are on track for graduation at STMA High School
- It is the students responsibility to check with colleges they are planning to attend after high school graduation regarding the college's policy for accepting credits earned under the PSEO program
- Grades earned through PSEO will stay on your permanent college and high school transcript
PSEO Informational Presentation
Please view an informational presentation on PSEO here.