Recommendations for students applying to both two and four year colleges:
- Check with your counselor regarding applications and the sending of official transcripts.
- Check deadlines and admission requirements.
- Applicants should apply to colleges by October 15, 2010, as some programs close early.
- Visit the Scholarship Wall in the Guidance Office regularly so you don't miss scholarship opportunities.
- Financial Aid (FAFSA) forms are available in the Guidance Office. We also have the FAFSA "worksheets" available to assist you with the online FAFSA. A Financial Aid night will be held Monday, January 10th, in the PAC at 7:00 pm for all seniors and parents.
- Seniors who are looking to establish reciprocity with ND, SD, or WI should apply on-line at www.getreadyforcollege.org
Seniors planning to attend a four-year college in the future should take the ACT Test before December of their senior year. The STMA High School Code is 242-209. Students can pick up packets of information on the ACT Test in the STMA Guidance Office, or log on to www.actstudent.org.
The easy steps of the Application Process:
- Student completes the application (paper or online)
- Student contacts people for letters of recommendation (if needed; allow three weeks)
- Student brings application to the Guidance Office (paper)
- Student fills out the pink transcript release form, including signature
- Counselor will complete any required information necessary
- Counselor will mail out application, official transcript, ACT or SAT scores (if the college will accept an unofficial copy from hs) and any other information necessary (provided by the student)